Editor Rob Rosen is looking for new stories to fill up Best Gay Erotica of the Year, Volume 4. The anthology has no predetermined themes, other than it’s got to be gay and it’s got to be erotic, so give your imagination free reign. The editor welcomes excellent storytelling, literary quality, “unusual settings, unique sex scenes, multi-genre stories, humor, romance, and anything out of the norm.” You can get a sense for the editor’s tastes by checking out previous volumes.
Do not submit stories with unsafe anal sex practices or stories about confused straight men who accidentally end up having sex with another guy.
- Publisher: Cleis Press
- Publication type: Anthology
- Word count: 2,500–5,000 words
- Payment: $50
- Deadline: January 5, 2018
- Format: Standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format, with Times or Times New Romance 12-point black font. Punctuation and style should be U.S. English. Check the original call for submissions here or here, because not meeting formatting requirements is a good way to get your submission rejected unread.
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions: Editor will not consider more than one story per author.
- Will the editor consider reprints? Yes, but they “must solely be owned by the author and must not have appeared in print during the past three years.”
You can find the original call posted at the Erotic Readers and Writers Association (must be 18 or older to access site): Best Gay Erotica of the Year, Volume 4 | Erotica Readers & Writers Association.
Alternatively, you can find it on the Lambda Literary Foundation website.
Need inspiration? Here are some photos (photos without credits were purchased from Depositphotos):