This submission call is now closed. You can find calls that are still accepting contributions at Calls for Submissions.
JMS Books :
MEN AT WORK Gay M/M Erotic Romance Short Story Submission Call
Publisher: JMS Books LLC
Deadline: February 29, 2016
Payment: 50% net royalties from all channels, to be paid quarterly
Contract: 2 years exclusive, nonrenewable (current authors already published with us may request our standard renewable contract)
We are looking for short, sexy gay romance and erotic romance stories for our new Men at Work short story line. These stories must be about men who find love and lust in the workplace. From harmless, sweet flirting to fulfilling hot sex, show us just how much some men enjoy their line of work.
The ebooks will all share a similar cover and be released throughout 2016. They will NOT be released as an anthology, and there is no upfront payment; authors will be paid quarterly on actual sales earned. If you haven’t published with us before, feel free to request a sample contract prior to submission.
- Stories must be between 5,000 to 10,000 words
- Stories must contain a romance — any heat level, from sweet to erotic
- Romantic pairing must be MM or MMM ONLY
- Stories must involve men finding love on the job or while at work (doesn’t have to be with a coworker)
- Stories may be any subgenre (contemporary, historical, western, paranormal, etc)
- Stories must have a HEA or HFN ending
- Adult stories only (no YA)
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Send a blurb and the full manuscript to email@example.com with “Men at Work” and the title of your story in the subject line. Include any author credentials you may have.
We will respond to your email within 2 business days.
Notes: I haven’t worked with JMS books and haven’t requested a sample contract, so can’t speak to their marketing etc. If anyone wants to pipe in who’s worked with them, feel free!