This submission call is now closed. You can find calls that are still accepting contributions at Calls for Submissions.
Multifarious Press, a new publisher seeking to represent diverse voices, has several anthologies in the works. Submissions are due August 31 and should be 2,000 to 20,000 words. Payment for accepted stories is 45% of royalties split among authors and a copy of the ebook.
Anthology themes and working titles are:
- Multifarious KINKED: MORESOMES. These should be polyamorous stories featuring risk-aware consensual kink (also called “safe, sane, consensual kink”).
- Multifarious THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS: MIRROR, MIRROR. Stories should feature autistic main characters.
- Multifarious MYTHS AND MÄRCHEN: RIPPED & REMADE, TATTERED TALES. For this anthology, Multifarious seeks retold fairy tales, vampire tropes, and stories of shapeshifters and other fantastical creatures.
- Multifarious DREAMING VOYAGER: SAIL AWAY. This anthology will feature science fiction, science fantasy, and high fantasy stories.
- Multifarious GRIT: GRIT AND GUTS. This one is for urban fantasy and paranormal romance. Multifarious wants to see “wheelchair-using wizards, socially anxious kickboxers, saving the world while crawling out of bed with depression or anxiety, chronic pain rep, et cetera.”
Find all the details at Multifarious Press.
About Submission Calls
I do not knowingly announce submission calls by publishers who do not fulfill their contractual obligations. However, readers are responsible for conducting their own due diligence when submitting work and negotiating contracts.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. Other than the occasional charity anthology, any calls I post are paying. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties.
To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
And if you’d like to support this blog, you can buy me a coffee.