Bosie is a new online literary magazine dedicated to “fiction about queers behaving badly.” Named after Bosie Douglas, a lover of Oscar Wilde who had a reputation as self-absorbed, profligate, and reckless (he encouraged Wilde to initiate a lawsuit that directly led to Wilde’s sodomy conviction and imprisonment).
We want stories that are, as Wilde once described Bosie Douglas, “witty, graceful, lovely to look at, lovable to be with,” but that “[have] also ruined [your] life.” Style is necessary; a happily-ever-after is not. …Bosie Magazine
Below are the main details. Please see Bosie Magazine’ website for where to send stories and inquiries.
- Length: Up to 5,000 words. Query for longer stories.
- Format: .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf
- Payment: $15/story for first worldwide electronic publication rights and the right to digitally archive the work in perpetuity
- Response time: Approximately 30 days
- Original, unpublished stories only
- Stories should have LGBTQ characters and themes.
- Authors should identify as LGBTQ+.
- Pen names are acceptable.
- Multiple submissions and simultaneous submissions are acceptable
Source: Submit to Bosie : Bosie Magazine