This submission call is now closed. You can find calls that are still accepting contributions at Calls for Submissions.
Literary magazine Cherry Tree: A National Literary Journal @ Washington College has an open submission period through October 1. They’re looking for original short stories, poems, and creative nonfiction that is “well-crafted ” and “not afraid to make us care.” Undergraduates at Washington College in Maryland play a role in selecting works and producing the annual journal. Although Cherry Tree has only been around a few years, poems from earlier editions have already gone on to be featured in Best American Poetry.
- Publication: Cherry Tree: A National Literary Journal @ Washington College
- Publication type: University literary magazine
- Word Count: They don’t specify, but they ask for no more than 7 poems, 7 flash prose pieces, or 25 total pages of prose, which comes out to about 6,200–7,500 words in standard manuscript format
- Format: Standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format
- Payment: $20 honorarium per contributor and two copies of the issue in which your work appears
- Rights: Cherry Tree purchases First North American serial rights
- Response time: 3 months
- Simultaneous submissions: Allowed. Read more about simultaneous submissions.
Check out the complete submission guidelines: Cherry Tree | Submission Guildelines | Washington College