Rosarium Publishing seeks short stories about water lore and deities, ancient or new, for its anthology Trouble the Waters: Tales From the Deep Blue, edited by Sheree Renée Thomas, Pan Morigan, and Troy L. Wiggins. They write: “All over the world, in cultures young and old, water is life and from this force, great adventures, quests, and legacies begin. And whether it is still, moves, rises, or falls, water fills us. Imagine what stories and strange tales can be told from the depths of its depths.”
They want stories in English of memorable characters wherever water exists. Here’s the nitty-gritty:
- Publisher: Rosarium Publishing
- Publication type: anthology
- Projected publication date: Nov. 2018
- Word count: 2,500-7,000 words
- Deadline: Nov. 1, 2017
- Format: Standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format
- Payment: 6¢/word for original stories; 2¢/word for reprints
- Simultaneous or multiple submissions: No.
Find more details and where to send submissions at Trouble The Waters Submissions.
Here’s a little inspiration for you …