Mischief Corner Books is looking for LGBTQ+ romance short stories and novelettes for its A Holiday to Remember anthology and for release as single stories, due out in December. The story should be “romantic, positive, and uplifting.”
- Word Count: 5,000 to 15,000 words.
- Payment: $80-$120, depending on length.
- Deadline: October 1, 2017
- Format: Microsoft Word documents only. Put Author Name/Title/Page # in the upper right hand corner of each page; use 12 pt Times New Roman font, 1″ margins, 1.5-line spacing, and a .25-inch paragraph indent. Do not add spacing or tabs manually.
- Main characters should be sexual and/or gender minorities, such as gay, lesbian, bisexual, asexual spectrum, pansexual, transgender, and/or genderfluid.
- Story should focus on a end-of-year holiday or what’s called a “winter holiday” in the Northern Hemisphere. Examples listed in the call for submissions include Winter Solstice, Yuletide, and Christmas.
- The publishers would like to see racial diversity among the characters in the collection.
- Do not send multiple submissions or simultaneous submissions.
For all the details, including where to send queries and submissions, please visit Mischief Corner Submission Guidelines.