This submission call is now closed. You can find calls that are still accepting contributions at Calls for Submissions.
Summer hasn’t yet begun in my part of the northern hemisphere, but it’s not too early to start thinking about the winter holidays. NineStar Press is seeking end-of-year holiday-themed romances from across the queer spectrum for publication in 2017. Stories should be 5,000 to 30,000 words in any heat level from sweet to scorching. Deadline July 31. Details:
NineStar Press is seeking holiday-themed submissions. Holidays considered include, but are not limited to: Chanukah/Hanukkah, Christmas, Halloween, Kwanzaa, New Year’s Eve or Day, Samhain, and Thanksgiving. …
Content: The story must have an LGBTQIA+ pairing. Both HEA and HFN are acceptable. … Standalone stories or part of a series are considered. …
What to do:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Subject line: SUBMISSION-HOLIDAY: [Title], [Author Name]
- Email body:
- Category (romance fiction, erotica short)
- Pairing (eg. MM, FF, MMF, etc) and/or any relevant info such as trans characters, ace, genderfluid, etc.
- If it’s been previously published or previously self-published
- A short description of the story (three paragraphs max)
- Previous credits, if any
If you have any questions prior to submission, please email the question(s) to the submissions email address.
- The entire manuscript as ONE document with Times New Roman or something similar. Font size, margins, and headers should be standard.
You will receive an auto-response email saying we’ve received the submission. After that, please allow up to 3 weeks for a full response.
Get the complete details at Submissions – NineStar Press.
To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.