Summer hasn’t yet begun in my part of the northern hemisphere, but it’s not too early to start thinking about the winter holidays. NineStar Press is seeking end-of-year holiday-themed romances from across the queer spectrum for publication in 2017. Stories should be 5,000 to 30,000 words in any heat level from sweet to scorching. Deadline July 31. Details:
NineStar Press is seeking holiday-themed submissions. Holidays considered include, but are not limited to: Chanukah/Hanukkah, Christmas, Halloween, Kwanzaa, New Year’s Eve or Day, Samhain, and Thanksgiving. …
Content: The story must have an LGBTQIA+ pairing. Both HEA and HFN are acceptable. … Standalone stories or part of a series are considered. …
What to do:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Subject line: SUBMISSION-HOLIDAY: [Title], [Author Name]
- Email body:
- Category (romance fiction, erotica short)
- Pairing (eg. MM, FF, MMF, etc) and/or any relevant info such as trans characters, ace, genderfluid, etc.
- If it’s been previously published or previously self-published
- A short description of the story (three paragraphs max)
- Previous credits, if any
If you have any questions prior to submission, please email the question(s) to the submissions email address.
- The entire manuscript as ONE document with Times New Roman or something similar. Font size, margins, and headers should be standard.
You will receive an auto-response email saying we’ve received the submission. After that, please allow up to 3 weeks for a full response.
Get the complete details at Submissions – NineStar Press.
To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.