Chicken Soup for the Soul wants nonfiction stories and poems for its upcoming book about finding—and holding onto—romantic love. They’re wide open to different takes on this subject, from crazy dating adventures to “amazing coincidences that led to you meeting your soul mate” to finding love again after a divorce or breakup. Stories should be true, although writers may use pen names.
Pay is $200 plus 10 copies of the paperback edition for stories of up to 1,200 words. Authors retain the rights to their work and may republish it at any time after the book comes out.
- Publisher: Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Publication type: anthology
- Word Count: up to 1,200
- Deadline: November 30, 2017
- Format: no special formatting; all submissions are cut and paste into publisher’s online submissions editor
- Payment: $200 one month after publication and 10 copies of the book
- Rights: First print & e-book rights
- Response time: varies
- Simultaneous submissions: Publisher does not specify whether they consider simultaneous submissions. However, since Chicken Soup for the Soul has a distinct style, it’s probably best not to submit the exact same version of your story that you submitted elsewhere. Read more about simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? This publisher rarely accepts reprints, though it may do so if your piece only had very limited circulation, such as in a local newsletter or private blog post.
- More about what the publisher wants: Chicken Soup for the Soul offers detailed submission guidelines outlining its unique style. Read them before submitting.
Find out more at We Welcome Your Stories and Poems! | Chicken Soup for the Soul.