Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ Creative Anthology seeks short fiction, non-fiction, poetry, scripts, and visual art by queer-identified writers and artists &/or on queer themes for its first edition, due out June 2017 in print & digital. Payment is $5 per page, $25 for cover art. No erotica. Details:
- Genres: fiction, non-fiction (essay, memoir, creative non-fiction, journalism), poetry, scripts, visual art.
Erotica & work aimed at children will NOT be considered. …
- Prose: Up to 7,500 words
- Poetry: Up to 5 pages per poem.
- Submissions of longer than 10 pages must be numbered. …
- All text submissions must be typewritten. No handwritten submissions will be accepted. Also, do not mail us your only copy of your work. We can not be responsible for returning submissions. …
- Multiple submissions (submitting more than one work) are fine. Send us what you’ve got!
- Simultaneous submissions (submitting work you’ve already submitted–or are planning on submitting–elsewhere) are fine too. Please just be sure that if your submission gets accepted elsewhere, you contact us at email@example.com to withdraw it from consideration for Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ Creative Anthology.
- Reprints will be considered, provided you have indicated this with your submission and the necessary rights have reverted back to you, the author. NOTE: Reprints that are still freely available to view online will not be considered.
Contact information and complete submission details are at Lambda Literary.
To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.