Save a Life Today
Gay and bi men are under attack in Chechnya, part of the Russian Federation. The independent Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta reports that the government is rounding them up in torture camps, with at least 100 arrests and an estimated 26 deaths. The need to evacuate vulnerable Chechens is urgent.
The writers & artists on this page have joined together to raise funds for these organizations so they can continue to help vulnerable Chechens escape to safety.
How can I help?
- Donate directly to the Russian LGBT Network.
Other ways to help
- Donate to ILGA-Europe, Rainbow Railroad, or American Friends of Rainbow Railroad
- Buy books whose proceeds support these organizations.
- If you're a writer or publisher, donate book proceeds to help gay Chechens.
- Sign a petition to the Russian government (Amnesty, All Out, Avaaz, or Change.org).
- Sign a petition asking companies that do business in the Russian Federation to speak out against what's happening.
- Write to Russian and Chechen officials.
- Write a letter to your country's United Nations ambassador.
- Tag Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov on Instagram.
- Do you speak Chechen or Russian? Contact the Organization for Refuge, Asylum & Migration to help translate materials explaining the asylum-seeking process to LGBT refugees.
Books Save Lives: Participating Authors & Publishers
These authors and publishers are donating book proceeds to the Russian LGBT Network and Rainbow Railroad. Check back regularly for updated listings.
Thanks to these authors and publishers for donating proceeds from the sale of their books to the Russian LGBT Network and Rainbow Railroad:
- Author Dale Cameron Lowry donated proceeds from gay romance anthology Falling Hard in April and May to the Russian LGBT Network
- Olivia Helling, author of LGBT high fantasy, donated proceeds from all book sales through April 23 to the Russian LGBT Network
- Adira August, erotic romance author, donated all royalties from the Amazon title On His Knees from April 24th thru May 31st to the Russian LGBT network.
- Circlet Press donated proceeds from the erotic speculative fiction collection Ultimate Wired Hard to Rainbow Railroad.
- Romance & fantasy author Meredith Bond is donated all profits from Falling for a Pirate through May 15 to the Russian LGBT Network.
- Sebastian Carter donated 70% of sales between May 4-19 to the Russian LGBT Network for books purchased through the author's PayHip store.
- Jo Tannah donated all May sales of What A Difference A Day Makes & The Way You Look Tonight from Sea to Sky Books to the Russian LGBT Network.
Thank you to the authors, designers, editors, publishers, and readers who generously donated services and items for our online auction May 5–13. We are currently contacting winning bidders and will update this page with the amount raised shortly.
- Addison Albright
- Adriana Kraft
- Amy Tasukada
- Andrew Jericho
- Annette Gisby
- Arshad Ahsanuddin
- Carole Cummings
- Cecilia Tan
- Cheryl Headford (writing as Nephy Hart)
- Chris Owen
- Damon Suede
- Damon Suede
- Dianne Hartsock
- EM Prazeman
- Gillian St. Kevern
- J. Scott Coatsworth
- Jeff Adams
- Jodi Payne
- Jordan L. Hawk
- Kaje Harper
- Kate Pavelle
- Kayleigh Sky
- Kim Fielding
- KT Kingsbury
- Laura Lascarso
- Laura Lascarso
- Laura Stone
- Liane Bennett
- Lisabet Sarai
- ManLove Romance Press aka MLR Press
- Megan Derr
- Morticia Knight
- Naomi Tajedler
- Neil Plakcy
- Olivia Helling
- P.D. Singer
- Petra Howard of Dragonsfly Edits
- Pipe and Thimble Publishing and Bookstore
- Rachel Davidson Leigh
- Rocky Ridge Books
- Sarah Hadley Brook
- Tiferet Design
- Xenia Melzer
Charities We Support
ILGA-Europe provides funds to organizations in the Russian Federation helping vulnerable Chechens get to safety
Rainbow Railroad is a Canadian group working with the Russian LGBT Network to get fleeing Chechens to asylum.
American Friends of Rainbow Railroad raises funds for Rainbow Railroad. Donations are tax-deductible in the U.S.