This submission call is now closed. You can find calls that are still accepting contributions at Calls for Submissions.
The world needs more gay ménages. So I’m thrilled to tell the world about an anthology I’ve been planning with publisher Anna Sky of Sexy Little Pages: Myths, Moons, and Mayhem, an MMM and MMM+ paranormal erotica anthology set for a Halloween release. Give me all the male-male-male trysts I can handle! Submissions are blind, meaning I won’t know or consider authors’ names or publication history when deciding which stories to include in the anthology.
Please share widely.
Myths, Moons, and Mayhem
Genres: paranormal erotica, erotic fantasy, paranormal erotic romance, fantasy erotic romance, erotic speculative fiction
Heat Level: as romantic or as filthy as you like. Happily-ever-afters are welcome, but not required.
Pairings: Three or more men engaged in erotic situations together (MMM, MMMM, etc.)
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2017
Word Count: 4000-6000 (a little more or less won’t disqualify you)
Payment: 50% royalties split equally among participating authors
Myths, moons, and mayhem make the perfect threesome—and so do some men. Whether they’re werewolves learning how to fit into the pack, magi seeking to unlock the secrets of the stars, incubi on the prowl, or trolls guarding deep underground worlds, the heroes of this anthology will be male-identified individuals with a thirst for homoerotic group encounters.
I want stories of male ménages that fit the Halloween spirit, though they need not mention Halloween or be set at a specific time of year. Give me your stories of a fairy troupe’s lustful escapades, a ménage a trois of mythical gods, or a modern polyamorous partnership’s first encounter with magic.
Send me tales that encompass a range of diverse, fully realized characters. Unique premises, interesting plots, and innovative storytelling will get my attention. That said, I love a good trope as long as the writer approaches it from a fresh angle.
This anthology will have a Halloween release.
Here’s what I’m looking for in your MMM menage stories:
- Sex-positive stories only, please.
- Just because the main characters are men doesn’t mean they should all be alike. I would like to see a range of sexualities, gender expressions, abilities, cultural backgrounds, and desires. Cis or trans, gay or bi or pan are all welcome.
- Encounters should be consensual; roleplay and consensual non-consent fall within these guidelines. BDSM is welcome. So are vanilla ménages.
- No pedophilia, no necrophilia (vampires and other undead are of course welcome), no snuff, no incest or pseudo-incest, no gratuitous violence, and no bestiality (werewolves, fairies, and most mythical creatures capable of consent count as human).
- Stories inspired by classic horror or fantasy works that are in the public domain, such as Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley’s Frankenstein or Bram Stoker’s Dracula, will be considered, but fanfic of copyrighted works will not. If in doubt, please contact email@example.com with QUESTION at the beginning of your email subject.
- New and established writers welcome.
- Email your story to firstname.lastname@example.org, putting “SUBMISSION: MMM,” followed by your story title in the subject line. The body of the email should include:
- the story’s title
- a brief synopsis or blurb
- word count
- your pen name
- Story should be an attachment in doc, docx, or rtf format. Use “MMM_StoryName” as the name of your document (replacing “StoryName” with your story’s actual name).
- Please use standard manuscript format or something closely resembling it, but no name, contact information, or headers/footers. This is a blind submission, so no personal details please.
- I prefer Times New Roman or Cambria 12 point, but anything that doesn’t make me feel like I’m reading a comic strip is fine.
- Submissions that do not follow these guidelines may go unread or be returned.
All submissions will be acknowledged within two working days.
Questions? You’ll find answers to general questions about payment, royalties, and contracts on Sexy Little Pages’s FAQ page. If you have questions about this particular call, please contact me at email@example.com or leave a comment below. Thanks!
And don’t forget to check out the other submission calls on my blog.
Wolf page divider by FuneralDolls on DeviantArt. Full moon photo by Bill Williams on Unsplash.
Questions and Answers
- Can I submit a story using a pen name? Absolutely. If your story is accepted, the publisher may need your legal or business name in order to pay you, but that can be kept strictly between you and the publisher. Sexy Little Pages respects its authors’ decisions about how they want to be known publicly.
- Can I submit a previously published story? We want the focus to be original content, though we may include one or two previously published stories that are no longer available elsewhere in print or electronic form. If that’s the case with your story, please note in your cover letter where your content was previously published and when it went out of print.
- Will the book be published in both print and e-formats? There will be a print edition if the anthology ends up longer than 30,000 words. Ultimately that depends on the number and quality of submissions we receive, but I’m doing my damnedest to help us reach that goal.
- Do you accept stories from writers of any sexual orientation or gender identity? Of course. The only requirement is that the characters are men who are attracted to other men, not the authors.