This submission call is now closed. You can find calls that are still accepting contributions at Calls for Submissions.
NineStar Press is putting together an anthology of queer fairy tales with themes of love and lust. Stories should be 15,000 to 30,000 words, based on a classic fairy tale, and fall into the romance or erotica genres. Due July 31 for publication in late fall. Pays royalties. Details from NineStar’s submission call:
- The anthology will be capped at approximately 150K words.
- Heat: Sweet (no sex or “fade-to-black”) through to fully erotic—super hot; scorching.
- Content: The story can be for any LGBTQIA+ sexuality or orientation. We would like a full spectrum represented. Both HEA and HFN are acceptable.
- Genre: Please use some classic fairy tale as the basis for your story but then let your imagination take over.
- Standalone stories or part of a series are considered. …
What to do:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
SUBMISSION-LGBTQIA Fairy Tale: [Title], [Author Name]
- Category (romance fiction, erotica short)
- Pairing; please include any relevant info such as trans characters, ace, genderfluid, etc.
- If it’s been previously published or previously self-published
- A short description of the story (three paragraphs max)
Previous credits, if any
- If you have any questions prior to submission, please email the question(s) to the submissions email address.
- The entire manuscript as ONE document with Times New Roman or something similar. Font size, margins, and headers should be standard.
You will receive an auto-response email saying we’ve received the submission. After that, please allow up to 3 weeks for a full response.
See the complete call, including a list of what NineStar doesn’t want, at Submissions – NineStar Press
To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.