NineStar Press is putting together an anthology of queer fairy tales with themes of love and lust. Stories should be 15,000 to 30,000 words, based on a classic fairy tale, and fall into the romance or erotica genres. Due July 31 for publication in late fall. Pays royalties. Details from NineStar’s submission call:
- The anthology will be capped at approximately 150K words.
- Heat: Sweet (no sex or “fade-to-black”) through to fully erotic—super hot; scorching.
- Content: The story can be for any LGBTQIA+ sexuality or orientation. We would like a full spectrum represented. Both HEA and HFN are acceptable.
- Genre: Please use some classic fairy tale as the basis for your story but then let your imagination take over.
- Standalone stories or part of a series are considered. …
What to do:
Send an email to email@example.com with the following:
SUBMISSION-LGBTQIA Fairy Tale: [Title], [Author Name]
- Category (romance fiction, erotica short)
- Pairing; please include any relevant info such as trans characters, ace, genderfluid, etc.
- If it’s been previously published or previously self-published
- A short description of the story (three paragraphs max)
Previous credits, if any
- If you have any questions prior to submission, please email the question(s) to the submissions email address.
- The entire manuscript as ONE document with Times New Roman or something similar. Font size, margins, and headers should be standard.
You will receive an auto-response email saying we’ve received the submission. After that, please allow up to 3 weeks for a full response.
See the complete call, including a list of what NineStar doesn’t want, at Submissions – NineStar Press
To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.