Chicken Soup for the Soul has tweaked its call for a nonfiction anthology they’re putting together about finding—and holding onto—romantic love. The original deadline was November 30, but it’s now January 15, 2018, to give time for writers to come up with additional stories. For The Miracle of Love, they want true stories and poems that focus on:
- The miracle of finding love
- Amazing coincidences that led to you meeting your soul mate
- Dreams that came true about finding your soul mate
- Anything that makes us say “wow” about how you found love!
But they’re also open to stories of small “miracles,” like finding love again after a divorce or breakup, reviving romance in a relationship you thought was stale, or figuring out that you’re in love with your best friend. Stories should be true, although writers may use pen names.
Pay is $200 plus 10 copies of the paperback edition for stories of up to 1,200 words.
- Publisher: Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Publication type: anthology
- Word Count: essays and poems up to 1,200
- Deadline: Jan. 18, 2018
- Format: no special formatting; all submissions are cut and paste into publisher’s online submissions editor
- Payment: $200 one month after publication and 10 copies of the book
- Rights: First print & e-book rights. Authors retain the rights to their work and may republish it at any time after the book comes out.
- Response time: varies
- Simultaneous submissions: Publisher does not specify whether they consider simultaneous submissions. However, since Chicken Soup for the Soul has a distinct style, it’s probably best not to submit the exact same version of your story that you submitted elsewhere. Read more about simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? This publisher rarely accepts reprints, though it may do so if your piece only had very limited circulation, such as in a local newsletter or private blog post.
- More about what the publisher wants: Chicken Soup for the Soul offers detailed submission guidelines outlining its unique style. Read them before submitting.
Find out more at We Welcome Your Stories and Poems! | Chicken Soup for the Soul.
And scroll down to the blue box below to find more submission calls.