Sarena Ulibarri, editor-in-chief of World Weaver Press, is seeking solarpunk stories for Glass & Gardens: Solarpunk Summers. she describes solarpunk in this way:
Solarpunk is a type of eco-conscious science fiction that imagines an optimistic future founded on renewable energies. It might take place in a wind-powered skyscraper or on a solar-powered robotic farm, in a bustling green-roofed metropolis or in a small but tech-savvy desert village. Often coupled with an art nouveau aesthetic, and always inclusive and diverse, solarpunk stories show the ways we have adapted to climate change, or the ways we have overcome it.
She wants stories that take place during summer (whatever time of year that may be in your part of the hemisphere), either on Earth or a similar planet. Stories should not be dystopian.
- Publisher: World Weaver Press
- Publication type: Anthology
- Word count: up to 8,000 words
- Payment: 1¢ per word, plus a copy of the published book
- Deadline: November 15, 2017
- Projected publication date: Summer 2018
- Format: Standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions: Editor will consider only one story by each author, but will consider stories that are under submission elsewhere. Read more about simultaneous and multiple submissions.
Find the complete submission details, including where to stand and what to include in the cover letter, at: Submission Guidelines for Anthologies – World Weaver Press