Weirdbook magazine wants weird stories—fantasy, sword and sorcery, ghost stories, science fantasy, and the “just plain odd.” Stories should entertain and stand on their own. It’s fine if they build off characters or a world you’ve written about elsewhere, but it they can’t be part of a serial. References to sex are okay, but explicit sexual descriptions, underage sex, and sexual violence won’t be considered.
- Publication: Weirdbook Magazine
- Publication type: Literary Magazine (print and electronic)
- Word count: up to 5,000 words
- Payment: $5/1,000 words (which is equal to about ½¢/word, rounded), plus one contributor copy for poetry or two for fiction
- Deadline: October 31
- Projected publication date: Fyuiol
- Format: Standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format (The editor encourages authors to read http://www.sfwa.org/2008/11/manuscript-preparation/)
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions: No multiple submissions, simultaneous submissions are okay as long as you let the editor know
- Will they take reprints? No.
For complete details, see Submissions | Weirdbook Magazine